Last updated: 7/3/2018
The Oxford Club takes individual privacy very seriously. We are committed to ensuring your information is kept secure and used carefully. Below you will find a summary of how and why we collect your data, who we share it with, and what we’re doing to make sure your data is safe and secure. You will also find information about your privacy rights.
If you want to navigate directly to a particular section of this policy, please click on the relevant link below.
What Is The Oxford Club?
The Oxford Club is a privately owned publishing company based in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. We publish newsletters that provide insight and advice on investing. You can learn more about The Oxford Club in the “About Us” section of our website.
What Personal Information Does The Oxford Club Collect and Why?
We collect information in order to allow us to provide the publications you have subscribed to, and to personalize and improve your experience of our services, website and communications with you. All such information is held on secure servers.
We only use personal data you have given us or that we have collected from you when you visit our website and order forms. We do not obtain personal information from or sell it to third parties. We sometimes share your personal information with third parties to provide your subscriptions to you or to personalize and improve your experience with us. We never sell your personal information to others for their mailing or marketing purposes.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into two categories:
- Information that you provide
We may ask you to provide personal information in order to provide our services to you. This includes asking you to provide your contact details to deliver subscriptions to you or to register an account with us so you can access the subscriber-only areas of our website. It also includes asking you to provide payment information so you can pay for subscriptions or use a one-click order process.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are being asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point you are asked to provide it.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website and order forms, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
The data we collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website or order form, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We collect this information so we can better understand the visitors who come to our website and look at our order forms and what content may be of interest to them. Using the information allows us to improve the quality and relevance of our website and services.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar technology.
Who Does The Oxford Club Share My Personal Information With?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To reputable third-party service providers who provide additional data processing services; for example, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and assisting with the processing of credit card and direct debit payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. In addition, they must process the personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, or similar other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- To any other person with your consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you where:
- We need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, your email address when you subscribe to a free or paid service)
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights
- We have your consent to do so (for example, to receive marketing emails from us about another publisher’s publications or services which we think might be of interest to you)
- We need the personal information to comply with our legal obligations (for example, our tax and audit requirements and other regulatory obligations).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this will normally be to operate and improve our services, website and communications. It would also include responding to your questions, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
How Does The Oxford Club Keep My Personal Information Secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process.
Any data you submit to us through an online order form is transferred to us via a Secure Sockets Layer – an encryption protocol – and is kept in databases that cannot be accessed from outside our firewall. Our firewall is a mechanism that prevents access to our servers by anyone outside of the company.
The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where we share data with third parties, we ensure that your data will be kept secure and will not be provided or sold to another party.
International Data Transfers
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
At no time are you required to submit personal information to access any area of The Oxford Club site. Visitors to our sites are asked to submit a login name and password to visit subscriber-only sections of the sites. This is to ensure you can receive the services you are paying for.
If you subscribe to The Oxford Club, your name and email address will be placed in a database. As with all other personal information, only employees of The Oxford Club have access to this data. We do not give Oxford Club addresses to outside companies.
Any email you send to The Oxford Club is completely confidential. We will not add your name to our email list without your permission. For security reasons, if your inquiry is about one of your subscriptions, we may ask you to submit some additional information to verify your identity. Remember, in this case, we are only asking you to confirm information you have already given us.
We fund our free email newsletters by advertising our services and those of other group companies (occasionally we may carry advertising for a third-party service). There are advertisements in these emails, and we also send separate promotional emails. By subscribing to the free emails, you are consenting to receive these promotions. There is an unsubscribe link in each of these emails, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Unsolicited Email Messages
We require that all emails promoting OxfordClub.com or its products be sent only to clients who have agreed to receive such messages. We prohibit any advertising of our brand and website using unsolicited email messages. Not complying with this policy will cause partnership termination and/or affiliate account termination.
If you feel you’ve been sent unsolicited emails promoting our brand or website and would like to register a complaint, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. We will immediately investigate all allegations made related to unsolicited messages.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing) or to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You may also opt out of receiving text alerts from us that you previously opted in to receive. You can unsubscribe from delivery of our text alerts by following the instructions in any such text messages.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us by clicking here.